FOR THE 2013 TOPSOCCER SYMPOSIUM
What is TOPSoccer ?
TOPSoccer (The Outreach Program for Soccer) is a community-based soccer program that is designed to meet the needs of children with physical and/or mental disabilities. Player participation and development are key elements of the program as players are placed on teams according to ability and NOT by age. TOPSoccer is designed to improve the overall fitness, self-esteem and social skills of your child.
Why TOPSoccer ?
TOPSoccer furthers US Youth Soccer’s mission of fostering the physical, mental and emotional growth and development of America’s youth through the sport of soccer at all levels. In short, TOPSoccer takes kids from the sidelines to participating in the game. Just talk with the parents or participants of TOPSoccer and you’ll understand why TOPSoccer?
How do I register?
Procedures vary from state to state with an effort made to keep cost affordable to ALL. It may be necessary to provide a doctor’s permission slip in order for your child to participate. Click on the link at the top of this page to find out how to contact your local State Association
What are the benefits of TOPSoccer for my child?
* Your child will develop a sense of belonging to a community.
· * Learn the value of being part of a team.
· * Improved self-esteem, fitness and social skills.
What is the roll of a TOPSoccer Parent ?
As a TOPSoccer parent you need to:
· * Provide transportation to and from all practices and games, ensuring that the player is prompt.
· * Attend all practices and games.
· * Lend support in a positive manner.
· * Provide any pertinent information about your child to the coaches and administrators.
What should families expect from the program ?
· * A fun and meaningful experience for you and your family.
· * Games and activities adapted to ensure your child's participation.
· * Safe and healthy environment.
· * Parents will have the opportunity to network with other families for support and information- sharing.
The History of TOPSoccer
US Youth Soccer, the nation’s largest youth sports organization, started TOPSoccer in 1991 to provide young players with disabilities an environment filled with meaningful learning, developmental and physical participation opportunities through the game of soccer. The volunteer TOPSoccer Committee, representing the 55 State Soccer Associations across the country, works to help players develop, compete, and achieve success according to their individual abilities. Through the efforts of people like you, a whole new world awaits these children. Reach out to bring them into our soccer family.